AT JOHNSON COUNTY PARK
Looking for a relaxing weekend in the great outdoors? Our beautiful campgrounds make for a relaxing getaway. And with several events going on throughout the summer, you are always a stone's throw away from the fun.
Johnson County Park has 60 perfect camping sites for your camper or RV, complete with showers, restrooms, playgrounds and a community campfire. Hoosier Horse Park has 70 available for those enjoying equestrian activities.
Call or stop by the park office.
WHAT TO KNOW
No tent camping is allowed on the Johnson County Park grounds.
Scout groups are still permitted to tent camp with reservations.
All reservations must be paid after seven days or the site will be released.
Payments of cash, check, credit card or money order are accepted. Please Note: If credit cards are used, a fee will be assessed based on the amount charged.
Camping is still available in the off-season after we have turned off the water at the campsites for the colder months. The Campground Showerhouse is closed during our off-season. Campers during the off-season (November 1- April 1) will need to provide their water.
All horse trailers must use the Hoosier Horse Park camping area.
All reservations are rain or shine. No refunds are available after payment is made.
HEIDI SWISS PHOTOGRAPHY
JOHNSON COUNTY PARK
30 amp or 50 amp with electric and water
Shower House access for campers from April through October
Dump Station access for campers from April through October
Camp Host on duty from April through October
HOOSIER HORSE PARK
30 amp and 50 amp with electric and water
Some sites are 30 amp only
Shower House access for campers
Horse Tie Outs
Dump Station is located in our other campground at the north end of the park
FROM THE NORTH
- Take I-65 South to Exit 90 (Franklin).
- Turn right off the exit to head WEST on SR 44 to US 31.
- Turn LEFT onto US 31 to go SOUTH. Stay on US 31S for five miles to SR 252.
- Turn RIGHT onto SR 252 to head WEST.
- Take SR 252 W two miles to County Road 325 E (Schoolhouse Road).
- Turn LEFT onto 325 E/Schoolhouse Road. Look for Johnson County Park sign.
- The park is located two miles SOUTH on Schoolhouse Road, past the DNR Quartermaster on the right.
- Turn RIGHT onto North Street from Schoolhouse and stay on North Street to reach the Park Office. The Park Office will be on your LEFT.
FROM THE SOUTH
- Take I-65 NORTH to Exit 76-B (Edinburgh Outlet Mall).
- Turn RIGHT onto US 31 to go NORTH.
- Go to the third traffic light, and turn EAST (LEFT) at Hospital Road with a sign pointing toward Camp Atterbury.
- You will see Camp Atterbury, Johnson County Park and Hoosier Horse Park signs as you approach and pass the main gate to Atterbury.
- Turn at the first RIGHT onto Schoolhouse Road. You will pass the entrance to Atterbury Job Corps and Hoosier Horse Park.
- Turn LEFT onto North Street off Schoolhouse and stay on North Street to reach the Park Office. The Park Office will be on your LEFT.